Lentil, Leek & Lime Soup
- 1 large onion chopped
- 3 spring onions chopped
- 3 leeks, cut in half, then slice into half-moon shapes 1/8" thick
- 1 Tble coconut oil or ghee
- 1 can organic lentils*
- 32 oz. container organic broth of your choice
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 limes
- Melt fat into bottom of pot on medium heat.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 5 to 7 minutes until softened.
- Add in sliced leeks and spring onions.
- Stir for a couple minutes until bright and softened.
- Add in broth and lentils.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Stir and heat for 20 minutes on simmer.
- Serve hot in bowl.
- Squeeze juice of half lime per serving.
- *Trader Joe's has a package of lentils in the refrigerated section that is slightly larger.
- Works perfectly as well.
- Vegetarians - use a vegetable based broth.
By Wellness Girl
Wellness Girl http://wellnessgirl.net/