Coconut Date Cookies
- 6-7 dried pitted dates
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour (or gluten free flour, e.g. almond, coconut, brown rice)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tbsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Soak dates in 1 cup of water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Combine oats, flour, coconut, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a bowl.
- Roughly chop the dates.
- Add oil, syrup, and dates and mix until all ingredients are moist.
- Form little balls and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet (it may take some work to form the dough and get the balls to stick together).
- Press cookies lightly so they do not roll off cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take out cookie sheet and flip cookies.
- Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes.
- If you have a food processor, you can use it to mix the dough, which makes the cookies easier to shape.
- Do not over mix the dough or you’ll lose the texture of the cookies.
- If you are sensitive to gluten, please use gluten-free oats.
Wellness Girl https://wellnessgirl.net/